Roller Door Service & Repairs
A regular garage door repair service can seriously help to extend the life of your remote garage door opener and avoid any untimely garage door repairs in Brisbane. Problems that can be avoided with regular servicing include doors that get stuck and won't open or close, doors that make an awful noise when operating, and doors that open and close randomly, as well as broken rollers and electrical problems.
As part of our garage door repair service, United Doors recommends service and safety inspections are carried out at least annually, particularly on more high cycle doors, such as car parks and emergency services areas. Quarterly would be more desirable for maximum protection.
United Doors staff will always make contact with a pre-determined staff member before each and every visit. All faults or problems found during these inspections are reported to this staff member and appropriate action taken (i.e. emergency repairs, additional security or making safe).
Here are the 5 key areas that are covered by our garage door repair service:
- Check All Fixings: If your remote garage door opener was fitted years ago, the fixings might have become loose. This can be a danger to everyone close to the garage doors, so all door fixings will be checked during your service.
- Inspect Guide Tracks: The guide tracks can become bent and filled with debris, creating all sorts of issues. So as part of your garage door repair service your door guide tracks will be inspected and cleaned, even straightened if necessary.
- Examine Tension Springs: One of the most common causes for garage door repairs in Brisbane is garage doors that stick in the open or closed position, and the tension springs are the typical cause. The tension springs need to be properly balanced for the continued safe operation of your remote garage door opener. All door springs will be checked and adjusted during your service.
- Lubricate Springs and Chains: Everything that needs to be lubricated will be covered in your garage door repair service. For example, the steel hinges, springs and the opener chain will all be lubricated to keep your garage door working properly.
- Check Sensors: Your service also includes a thorough check of your sensors and the motor to ensure that everything is working well. Our service technician can adjust the sensors and the motor limits so that the doors always know when to stop opening or closing.